Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today's Thought and a Recipe

Thought:

When is the last time you stopped your busy life to call an old friend or family member? Today, I challenge you to call someone and tell them; "You were on my mind". Sometimes I get so caught up in my own world that I tend to forget that we are not here to just serve ourselves but others as well. Someone today needs to know that they are loved...who is your someone??


Recipe: Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs (soooo good)

1-2 lbs of uncooked shrimp (deveined)  
4 Bell Peppers (any color) cleaned and cut
2 Red Onions (cut into small chunks)
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Pineapple (cubed)
Fresh Squash or Zucchini (cubed)
Your favorite Hawaiian Marinade 
Your favorite rice (I used a Whole Wheat Pilaf)
2 tblspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6-8 wooden skewers (soak in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning)

Marinate everything in a big bowl for at least a 1/2 hr. Heat grill or grill pan to med-med high. Skewer as many as your mix will fit. I use at least 3 shrimp per skewer. Grill for about 3 minutes each side or just until shrimp turns pink. Place over your favorite rice. I had leftovers, so I just threw the rest of the mixture in a pan with some olive oil, cooked until shrimp was pink and threw it all on top of rice and it was so awesome...ENJOY!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment